If you can't figure out how to leave a comment on a post, don’t feel bad—it’s not particularly obvious. Here are the basic steps:
- Find the post you want to comment on.
- Scroll down to the end of the post and look for the signature on the post. To the right you’ll see the word “comments” preceded by the current number of comments on the post. That phrase is a link.
- Click on the comments link. A new window will open showing the current comments (if there are any) and a space for you to write your own comment.
- Type your comment in the “Leave your comment” box.
- Type the word verification letters you see displayed in the “word verification” box. (This helps prevent spam from appearing in the comments.)
- Choose an identity. You can use a Google identity (if you have one), you can enter your name, or you can choose to be anonymous.
- Click the Preview button if you wish to see how your comment will look before you submit it (in case you want to edit it).
- Click the Publish button to submit your comment to the blog.
The comment will not appear immediately on the blog. Email will be sent to the moderator (that would be me, Nina), who will then approve the comment. (I have chosen to moderate the comments in order to screen them. So far, I’m happy to say, I have not needed to censor anything.)
After the comment is approved by the moderator, it will appear on the blog. If you want to see if there are any responses to your comment, check back by viewing the comments at a later time. (It’s possible to have an entire back and forth conversation in the comments.)
Now you know! I look forward to reading your comments, everyone. —Nina